As former prosecutors who are hunters and fishermen, we know first hand that Colorado is a great state for those outdoorsmen and women who hunt and fish. There are many others who come to Colorado from hikers to bikers, who travel here to enjoy the outdoors and wildlife.
Hunting, fishing, and the great outdoors is a way of life for many, for some it’s even a religion. Don’t let your rights go unprotected as allegations of Colorado wildlife violations can result in extensive fines, jail, and the loss of your hunting and fishing privileges. The Colorado wildlife law lawyers of Folkestad Fazekas Barrick & Patoile P.C., inform, protect and defend hunters, fishermen and outdoor enthusiasts when they are facing violations of Colorado wildlife laws. Denver hunting, fishing & wildlife violation lawyers at our firm has extensive experience defending the rights of people arrested and accused of both civil and criminal offenses. Our firm has particular expertise in effectively dealing with federal and state agencies, such as the Bureau of Land Management or National Forest Service, as well as the Colorado Division of Wildlife, now known as Colorado Parks & Wildlife.
Our award winning Colorado hunting and fishing violation lawyers, are former prosecutors and/or judges who know the law and know the players in these unique cases. We defend outdoor recreation law cases in state and federal courts in all hunting and fishing cases, including the following alleged wildlife violations or allegations:
- Hunting and Fishing Violations
- Fishing or hunting without a license
- Fishing or hunting out of season
- Fishing or hunting without necessary state or federal stamps
- Poaching, unlawful possession, wasting of wildlife
- Unlawfully taking wildlife
- Shooting without a permit
- Trespassing violations (hunting while trespassing, fishing while trespassing, and other Colorado tresspassing violations)
- Sampson Act violations
- Hunting without a license
- Hunting without a hunter’s safety card
- All terrain vehicle (ATV) citations
- Ski accident (skier rage)
- Snowmobile accidents / collisions
- All outdoor-related recreation matters
Although some businesses may be protected by Colorado’s Premises Liability Act that promotes private property rights, we also provide recreation outfitters with aggressive defense in civil litigation matters involving Colorado outdoor recreation law.
We also represent professional outfitters, guides, shops, equipment outfitters and manufacturers. We handle related legal issues for individuals who have been cited for the following:
- Season dates, bag limits, and license requirements
- Property and hunting rights disputes
- Big game hunting, elk and mule deer hunting, small game violations, waterfowl violations, fur bearer violations, sport and fly fishing without a permit
- Colorado Sampson Act Violations
- Firearm violations and offenses
- Destruction or theft of wildlife
- Operation Game Thief
- Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact
- Transportation, importation, exportation, and release of wildlife
- Use of motor vehicles or aircraft
- Illegal use of motor vehicles and radios to take wildlife
- Parks and outdoor recreation
Our law firm is based in Douglas County, Colorado where our seasoned attorneys are available to assist you throughout the Denver metro area and throughout the State of Colorado. For a free telephone consultation with a Colorado wildlife violation lawyer call us today at 303-688-3045.